Would your school benefit from their very own Western Australian Native Garden? Perhaps a Bush Tucker Garden or a Garden that highlights plants with special adaptations for a unique ecology. Kwongan Kids can help your school develop and maintain a specialist native garden within its grounds that can celebrate our local culture and ecology and create a valuable educational space. Gardens develop by Kwongan Kids are developed with education in mind and are integrated with on-line learning resources to help students make the most of the garden within their school.
Kwongan Kids can help facilitate the project from the beginning, introducing the project as a vocational learning activity if necessary perfect for students of Applied Science, Horticulture, Environmental Studies and more.
Kwongan Kids can:
- Assess school grounds for viable garden locations
- Work to develop a plan of a garden that best suits your educational outcomes
- Source plants for the school that are difficult to find by established working relationships with a variety of specialist providers
- Teach students and teachers the unique social and ecological values of some fascinating plants to be included in the garden
- Lead student groups in a variety of learning activities with a local propagation techniques including seeding, the value of smoke in propagation and propagation by cuttings
- Assist in ongoing maintenance of the garden over time